When I wake up every morning I have the strange feeling that I am reliving the same day. Sometimes this has led me to believe that I'm still asleep. When I feel like this I try to take control of my surroundings but it never works. A recurring theme seems to take hold. How do I know I am actually living? Time moves to a degree but we truly can’t see it can we. The older I get the more I feel my body and mind slowing down. Are these the effects of time? If I am alive and I am moving does anything ever really change at all? It feels like I'm stuck in a Matrix. Recently scientist have started noting that the world may actually be a giant simulation. Years ago I had come across this idea in the form of a book called " The Holographic Universe". It was a decent read for me at the time. When I was younger I was really into physics and Neural-sciences. The question of how we know what we know is a fascinating prospect to me. How do we ever really know anything at all? Everything I'm thinking right now, every word I type has been thought of at some point before by someone else. Does anything ever really change at all? This may seem an insignificant question to most but to me it is the lynch pin to our existence. As I get older I pick up more understanding of how this all works. Even still nothing really changes at all. If I could sum it up to a degree I feel like I'm an old video cassette tape. One that was used before to record numerous events. As time passes on the tape records more and more. Eventually ghost images of what has been previously recorded start to wear on the film and things seem remotely familiar. Like I have seen this before. It’s become so prominent as with time that I can almost predict events with a high rate of accuracy. Am I actually predicting the future or is it that I have done these things before? In time I am sure I’ll know what all this means. For right now it still won’t make sense. All I know is that Life keeps marching on and I keep flowing down that river that has been so well charted before me. Or am I?
Friday, April 29, 2016
Random Thoughts...
When I wake up every morning I have the strange feeling that I am reliving the same day. Sometimes this has led me to believe that I'm still asleep. When I feel like this I try to take control of my surroundings but it never works. A recurring theme seems to take hold. How do I know I am actually living? Time moves to a degree but we truly can’t see it can we. The older I get the more I feel my body and mind slowing down. Are these the effects of time? If I am alive and I am moving does anything ever really change at all? It feels like I'm stuck in a Matrix. Recently scientist have started noting that the world may actually be a giant simulation. Years ago I had come across this idea in the form of a book called " The Holographic Universe". It was a decent read for me at the time. When I was younger I was really into physics and Neural-sciences. The question of how we know what we know is a fascinating prospect to me. How do we ever really know anything at all? Everything I'm thinking right now, every word I type has been thought of at some point before by someone else. Does anything ever really change at all? This may seem an insignificant question to most but to me it is the lynch pin to our existence. As I get older I pick up more understanding of how this all works. Even still nothing really changes at all. If I could sum it up to a degree I feel like I'm an old video cassette tape. One that was used before to record numerous events. As time passes on the tape records more and more. Eventually ghost images of what has been previously recorded start to wear on the film and things seem remotely familiar. Like I have seen this before. It’s become so prominent as with time that I can almost predict events with a high rate of accuracy. Am I actually predicting the future or is it that I have done these things before? In time I am sure I’ll know what all this means. For right now it still won’t make sense. All I know is that Life keeps marching on and I keep flowing down that river that has been so well charted before me. Or am I?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment