Ok so I have had my fair share of run ins with women in my time. Lately one narrative seems to keep popping up in conversations amongst millennial women. “A real man”, shouted and spoken from the lips of every jaded woman from old to young. This is the phrase tossed around on social media left and right to condition and disarm would be bad boys. The sad thing is the bad boys are already too good at what they do. So good luck trying to make a boy become a man. The ugly truth is that you attract the kind of guy you get. If you are overly flirtatious don't expect your man to not be. Men are opportunist. The term “What is good for the goose is good for the gander” applies heavily to male thinking. If you’re the type of women that enjoys having a lot of male friends while having a boyfriend, don't be upset that he will do the same thing with his female friends. You can’t make the rules and then not chose to follow them. It just doesn't work that way. Now I get that there are a lot of immature selfish men out there. What you also must realize is that there are a lot of insecure jealous women as well. An example I could give would be a female friend of mine that has slept with a great deal of men, but doesn't like me because she thinks I'm a flirt. That kind of thinking is amazing to me. The fact that she can go out and have sex with any one she wanted too but I can’t even talk to a female without her getting jealous. These type of women are a dime a dozen. Just like all the so called fake men. The point that I want to truly drive home is that you have to stop type casting men. Find a good guy. You will know if he is a man or a boy. You can’t assume that any guy will be everything that you want him to be. Especially if you yourself are not up to par. Expect more from yourself and you will get more from everyone else. That's just how it works. Do not go around shouting “A Real Man” left and right and expect one to just come out of nowhere. For all the women that I have offended I am sorry. For those that understood please explain it to the ones that don't. Thank You.
Thursday, April 28, 2016
A Real Man... I hate that term.
Ok so I have had my fair share of run ins with women in my time. Lately one narrative seems to keep popping up in conversations amongst millennial women. “A real man”, shouted and spoken from the lips of every jaded woman from old to young. This is the phrase tossed around on social media left and right to condition and disarm would be bad boys. The sad thing is the bad boys are already too good at what they do. So good luck trying to make a boy become a man. The ugly truth is that you attract the kind of guy you get. If you are overly flirtatious don't expect your man to not be. Men are opportunist. The term “What is good for the goose is good for the gander” applies heavily to male thinking. If you’re the type of women that enjoys having a lot of male friends while having a boyfriend, don't be upset that he will do the same thing with his female friends. You can’t make the rules and then not chose to follow them. It just doesn't work that way. Now I get that there are a lot of immature selfish men out there. What you also must realize is that there are a lot of insecure jealous women as well. An example I could give would be a female friend of mine that has slept with a great deal of men, but doesn't like me because she thinks I'm a flirt. That kind of thinking is amazing to me. The fact that she can go out and have sex with any one she wanted too but I can’t even talk to a female without her getting jealous. These type of women are a dime a dozen. Just like all the so called fake men. The point that I want to truly drive home is that you have to stop type casting men. Find a good guy. You will know if he is a man or a boy. You can’t assume that any guy will be everything that you want him to be. Especially if you yourself are not up to par. Expect more from yourself and you will get more from everyone else. That's just how it works. Do not go around shouting “A Real Man” left and right and expect one to just come out of nowhere. For all the women that I have offended I am sorry. For those that understood please explain it to the ones that don't. Thank You.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment