Hello it’s been a long time since I’ve
cracked open my lap top to write anything. Since I’ve last written I have once
again delve back into a Christian life style. The details on why I’ve become a Christian
again I shall leave for a later time. Having once again picked up my bible to
start studying the word of god, an inherent detail has begun to resurface in my
mind. A long standing question that I’ve often asked my self is do I love God or
fear him? To me love and fear are two very different and distinctly polar
opposite emotions. You can fear losing something you love. But you truly can’t
love something that you fear. Fear feeds hate and self-preservation. Whereas
love feeds compassion, understanding, and self-sacrifice. I’ve never known someone
to sacrifice themselves for fear. Though I have seen many people do it for
love. My self-included. I wouldn’t normally stand in front of gun or a charging
bear because I fear those things. But to protect some one that I love I would
do it in a heartbeat. Is God power full. Yes of course. Is God magnificent. Yes,
indeed he is. If I were to turn away from God and sin against him and curse his
very name, then yes I would fear him. I would fear his wrath. I would fear his judgment.
Most of all I would fear his absence. To say that I could love what I fear to
me is not only paradoxical but it’s wrong. Even when I was a child I understood
this. I never feared a beating from my mom because I knew I deserved it. Deep
down when you know you deserve judgement and punishment for something that you’ve
done wrong you don’t fear that person or thing that inflicts it upon you. You
love them. Or at the very least you can be indifferent towards them. Neither
love nor fear. So to me I will never say that I fear God. Because God loves me.
Even now. Even still. After all the wrong that I have done and every sin I’ve
ever committed. In full knowledge of my actions and the consequences there after.
I could never say that I didn’t know what would happen. When I’ve done something
wrong or sinned against God. Since God knows the abundance of my heart and
knows that my heart is both filled with and motivated by love. How could I fear
any judgment if I am deserving of it. Instead I will choose to love his grace
and his mercy. To love his restraint. To love his forgiveness. Since God is my
father then he should also be my teacher since we raise our young and teach
them what is right and wrong. Then by the examples of my father’s love and mercy
I shall also be that way. I shall love and never make myself a person to be
feared. To me it’s like that old saying is it better to be feared or respected?
I say neither for it is better to be loved and to show love in return.
Let me know how you feel about this
in the comments sections. If any were to find fault in the things I say or
would like to enlighten me via scripture I welcome such things. Go now and may
God be with you and love you all the days of your life.
No comments:
Post a Comment