It has been a while since I’ve written anything in my blog.
A lot has gone on and because of that its prevented me from getting a clear
mind to type. There is no reason for me to bore you with the details. Though
there is something that I would like to talk about. Here lately I’ve been
thinking a lot about potential and growth. Both personal and professional. One
thing that has become glaringly obvious is the old saying " it’s not what
you know but who you know ". It seems to be the old adage was true. Even
knowing this saying it never truly occurred to me how to maximize its
potential. Now that I am beginning to adhere to this old adage, all the gates
and doors seem to be open to me. I’ve noticed a change in my overall persona
and demeanor. People seem to respect me more. Things seem to become easy to the
point little effort is needed. Now all my goals seem that much closer and
attainable. This is of course not without a lot of work. With that being said
though even that work seems very easy. If I can I would like to share one thing
that has motivated me to no end recently. It follows as such. Time truly waits
for no man. Being no exception to that rule I’ve found myself getting older
faster than I was moving forward. That's not something that I can tolerate any
more. You see I am a single father and I would like to provide my daughter with
the best of things in life. So that means that I myself must acquire those
better things to then pass them on to her. As a parent we all know that our
children mean the world to us. My daughter has become my central focus in life.
If something doesn't benefit her wellbeing than it must be removed with haste.
So to draw back to my original point. Because I have an immense love for her I
have to be not only a better man but a better person in the world of business.
If I have lost my point bear with me. This brandy is much stronger than I
thought. Thought a drink could help the words flow a little better. What I'm
trying to say is to do more I have to be more. The only point that I'm trying
to poorly convey is that opportunity is not something that you can simply wait
for. You have to create your opportunities and make life your own. No one is
going to give you anything. You have to create it for yourself. If you cannot
focus on your goals, then you’re not going to make it in life. Many years have
been wasted waiting for something to come along and help me. Now the time is at
hand to do the things that need to be done. So going forward I'm going to make
sure that I succeed at life instead of standing by and watching it tick away.
No comments:
Post a Comment